‘Linked Senior is committed to resident engagement. As the COVID-19 situation unfolds, it is our top priority to support the senior living industry by providing free education, resources and tools to each of you’
Offering free webinars at this time.
UPCOMING FREE Webinars
JULY 14, 2020
Emotional Management: The Importance of Self-Care – It’s Not Just for Our Residents
Description -The coronavirus pandemic has thrusted us into re-strategizing how we deliver services in long-term care. Another area that needs to be re-examined is how we, as caregivers, are taking care of ourselves. Self-care is often discussed and recommended to others but is rarely practiced by the ones recommending it. We have to get better at taking care of ourselves in order to continue to care for others. This presentation will discuss the prevalence of self-care deficiencies and burnout and what we can incorporate in our lifestyle to ensure we remain strong enough to do what we set out to do every day.
• Review the prevalence of self-care deficiencies and burnout in healthcare
• Discuss the science behind emotional management
• Identify coping strategies for our self-care toolboxes and how to incorporate them in our lifestyleTime
Jul 14, 2020 01:00 PM in Eastern Time (US and Canada)
JULY 28, 2020
COVID-19 and Resident Engagement – Hear from Resident Engagement Champions
Live Webinar: Tuesday, July 28th, from 1pm – 2pm EST
Understanding and measuring the impact of COVID-19 on senior living and resident engagement starts with the individuals who tackled the biggest challenges of the pandemic and managed its underlying opportunities successfully. This webinar will focus on real life stories from leaders in the resident engagement field. Speakers will review how the crisis unfolded for them, how they adapted to their current situation and where they see things going in the next three months and beyond.
• Understand how COVID-19 impacts resident engagement
• Learn how to create a resident engagement action plan
• Prepare for upcoming changes to resident engagement operations
AUGUST 25, 2020
Using Positive Psychological Approaches in Resident Engagement During a Pandemic
Live Webinar: Tuesday, August 25th, from 1pm – 2pm EST
During this session the participants will learn about how to engage residents during the pandemic using positive psychological approaches to care. The cornerstones of positive psychology, practice philosophies, and practical hands-on examples of how to use these techniques in your agency will be provided. The goal will be to increase your curiosity so you will naturally want to learn these techniques to promote engagement.
Participants will be able to:
- Verbalize the three cornerstones in positive psychology (i.e., positive emotions, positive individual traits, and positive institutions) and how they relate to recreational therapy practice for older adults with dementia.
- Verbalize at least one philosophy (e.g., The Best Friends Approach™) and how you can use this philosophy within your practice.
- Develop one action item that you can immediately incorporate at your agency that will enhance resident engagement during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
See CEO & Founder Charles de Vilmorins’ story, www.mcknights.com/author/charles-de-vilmorin-1698/