The Virginia Association of Activity Professionals is a statewide organization of persons who are interested in promoting the quality of life in all geriatric settings. VAAP serves as a catalyst for both professional and personal growth and provides a state voice on aging and long-term care issues.
VAAP Membership is open to persons currently employed or maintaining a certification as an Activity Professional or Recreation Therapist in the Senior Care Continuum or those serving as consultant/educator to Activity Professionals. Membership is also open to students, volunteers or persons interested in activity field. Membership dues are $50 annually and are non-transferable.
– Promote professional development
– Sponsor an annual conference and other educational workshops with discounts for members
– Unify the seven district activity professionals association
– Aid in statewide communications
– Serve as a legislative advocate or activity professionals at the state level
– Problem solve on an individual or collective basis
– Share information at www.vaaponline.org
Membership in VAAP offers an opportunity to have a voice in establishing standards of practice for the activity professionals in geriatrics. An independent organization, VAAP serves as a link between the individual and other professional organizations. Innovative activity programs are shared through the VAAP website as well as at the annual state conference and workshops.